Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Classic Prophunt application :D

What is your Steam ID and Steam Name?
ID: STEAM_0:0:134906976 Steam Name: Infobox

Why do you want to be a moderator on our server?
Cause its a good vanilla server. Im tried of having to download stuff all the time trying to play on servers, some I cant even join because it has too much stuff!

Why should we pick you over other applicants?
Because I would like to keep this vanilla server going. This is like the only one and Id like to keep the community going strong.

How many hours do you have on our server?
I got an amazing 8 hours.

Are you familiar with ULX commands?
Nope, no clue what "ULX" even stands for.

Are you familiar with the warning system on our server?
Nope,  never seen it in action.

Do you have any history of moderating in the past? If yes, why did you leave that position, and what was the most challenging part of it?
Yes, I left because I needed a change, I felt like my life was being sucked away doing that one thing. It wasnt challenging at all, I had fun but still.

What time zone do you live in?
Time Zone is EST (east coast USA)

How old are you?

How many hours a day can you dedicate to moderating?
Well the time is based on how much I feel like playing Gmod, which can range from many hours to a short while. Mostly depends on how many people too cause if Im by myself then none, if a handful of people are on then a lot, but if a ton of people I cannot do myself.

Do you have good communication skills?
Yea, I would say I got good communication skills. Cause with anything and everything communication is key.

Do you have a mic?
Yep, got a mic.

Are you able to be contacted throughout random times of the day? If so, how?
Yea, use discord to message me. its like the best and only way to message me.

How much experience do you have with PropHunt and our server rules?
Most of my Gmod time is playing prophunt and the server rules are straight forward and just common sense.

Are you willing to punish your friends if they break rules? Explain.
Yea of course, no one gets a pass for breaking the law. Not even the Dragonborn.

[b]Do you handle frustration / stress well? Explain why.[/b]
In a sense yes and no, when Im stressed/frustrated I simply leave the scene and go do something else. Coming back later when Im calm.

[b]How do you respond to fellow staff abusing their powers?[/b]
Get proof, show to whoever necessary, and then confront them to see if they admit to it. If they dont then harsher punishment.

How many warnings do you have, and for what?
I have no warnings, at least as far as I know.

Hello, Infobox! Thank you for applying to Smithtainment Gaming! Here are some quick facts and tips that should help you on your way through the application process!
  • Check your SteamID:
    Please make sure that you are using the correct form of your SteamID and that it is actually yours. You can double check using either SteamID.io. You want the SteamID. Here is an example from each site if you are interested. (Click on the image to enlarge...)

SteamIDFinder.com
    [Image: 9083e092375673677e3d4231f0f3811b.png]
    SteamID.io
    [Image: e509646458ec50ddd35c19022d9e72a4.png]

• Give us time! Depending on the server, we may take a day or two to initially respond. Check your application daily to answer any questions, comments, or concerns. Do not spam server staff or global staff to check your application. If an applicant does not respond to our questions in a particular time frame, it will be put at risk of denial. Server staff will normally give a 24-hour time frame before it is denied.
  • Please do not stretch out or exaggerate details to put you in a better light. Answer all questions honestly, and you have a better chance of getting T-Mod.
  • Applicants who are accepted are given the rank of T-Mod. Depending on the server, you may go through an exam and/or go through a trial mod period. After acceptance, you must contact the Head-Admin of your server to get information on how to transition to T-Mod.
  • If your application is denied, and you wish to reapply, then you must wait before applying again. If this is your first application, you must wait a week to apply. If this is your second application, you must wait for another weak to apply. If this is your third application, you must wait a week and gain a staff recommendation before you can apply again. Remember: The week of wait time starts the moment your application is denied. If you post an application before the wait time is up, then you will be immediately denied, and it will count as another application.
  • While you are waiting for your application to be accepted, please do not act as if you are staff on the server. This includes backseat moderation. Trust me, you do not need to prove that you are worthy.
  • Check to make sure that your application is in the right section. If not, please report the thread with a message like "I posted in the wrong section. Can you move it to _______ server", or you can DM a forums staff member.
  • Remain active on the server you wish to apply for. We love seeing active users apply for staff.
  • The following suggestions are to help make your application better:
    • Add color to differentiate the answers from the questions. Use a single color for the questions, and another for the answers.
    • Make your text larger.
    • Add detail but do not add too much. We would like to know more about you, but we do not have the time to read an autobiography.
That is everything you should know when you apply. If you have any further questions, ask a staff member, as they went through the same process as you. Good luck with your application!

Thanks for applying Infobox!

I want to start out by saying that your application looks good. You have a great amount of color in it, and a fairly good amount of detail (tho more detail is always better.)
One thing I do want to point out is your activity. Yes, you do have 8 hours total on the server, but its not consistent by any means. As an Admin, I like to see other staff members get on as much as they can, and as consistent as they can. I like to see at least an hour a day dedicated to moderating on the server, even if your on AFK and populating. Another thing, the question "Do you have any history of moderating in the past? If yes, why did you leave that position, and what was the most challenging part of it?" you answered with "Yes, I left because I needed a change, I felt like my life was being sucked away doing that one thing. It wasn't challenging at all, I had fun but still." If you are accepted, one thing that bugs me is that are you going to feel the same way when moderating for SG. Are you planning on being with SG for while, and not just a couple months and then leave. I personally have been here for over a year now. I started out as a Vanilla PH mod, and have slowly worked my way up to Global Admin. If you truly want to become a part of the SG community, and want to stay dedicated to helping Classic Prophunt grow and get new members everyday, then I have no problem supporting your application. But, as of right now, I will not give you my full support until I see your activity grow and become more consistent. Other than what I have stated above, and what you choose to do with it, I hope to see you succeed and join the Classic PH staff team. Good Luck!

Another thing. You're SteamID is wrong, its actually STEAM_0:0:134906976 please update your application with this 

~DishonoredElder~
Global Admin
Staff Since August 1, 2018

To clarify a little, since it wasnt asked in the question. I was an admin for somewhere for 4 years, after a few months of the 4th year I had to leave. I was a non-staff for 3 of those years, the 4th is when they gave me a staff rank and I worked my way up to admin, but the 4th year was just hitting me and I grew bored I guess. Also Trinityblade told me to come make the application so I did. I figured I needed more time but thought Id do one anyways.

Ah, alright so that clarifies that alot more. And that's great, as you probably already know, the staff team isnt that big with the server being as new as it is. But like I stated above, work on your activity and you'll have my full support. Smile

~DishonoredElder~
Global Admin
Staff Since August 1, 2018

This isn't meant to be rude or deterrence from applying, so please don't take it that way. This looks like a joke in nearly every way. All of your answers aren't serious. Quips do nothing but show immaturity. Your colours look like a 2nd grader trying to show off on his Powerpoint project shouting "Look what I can do!"

You claim to have played "An Amazing 8 Hours" on our server, yet you have no idea what warnings are? You didn't even try, and its clear. I seriously recommend redoing this application from the ground up. Stick to two colours; one for your questions and one for your answers. Remove the jokes. Give more detail. If you don't know how to answer a question, just ask a staff member. You may as well put nothing at all if you're going to give answers basically saying you don't know anything about what the question means.

MCTTT Head Moderator

Deathrun Moderator

Global Moderator

Deathrun/Murder Developer

[Image: LbOOwXU.jpg]

Subscribe to Smithtainment Gaming

Reply to Willy

I tried to answer them truthfully but without overloading the page with text, thats why there isnt high end details. There is only 1 joke, it was the Dragonborn joke, and it was meant to show that even if youre a top notch big guy you wont get away with breaking the rules/law. As for the color I only did color because thats what other users did, if I didnt see/know this I wouldnt have used any colors since its not what I normally do. As for the choices of color I have no artist skills so I just did whatever but to also make sure the post wasnt bland. For the warnings, I was meaning the command to do warnings on players that I dont know. I know what verbal warnings are and I know what happens to a player when a warning is given to them. An example would be like 1 verbal warning to stop and if they dont the player gets some punishment.

thanks for applying infobox
 the jokes are a bit odd for an application if you are serious about applying,  but otherwise it seems ok. 

Reply to cthulhu

The choice of the term "Dragonborn" was put in as a joke to reference to Skyrim 5. For those who may not have played it youre the main character who is the save the world from total destruction but you cant even pick a flower in a city because it looked pretty. A guard comes up to you telling you that youre going to jail for stealing. Which in the terms of the application means it doesnt matter who you are, if you broke a rule youre in trouble.

And yes I am serious for applying. I know I need more time on the server and I can do that just fine. when I have multiple days in the server Ill make a new application all together.

I generally don't comment on applications for other game modes but this one just made me reply. As Willay said above, I think you should redo you're entire application. Making it in multiple colors is a bit childish for something that should be taken seriously. Also, your answers are very short. Please take this into consideration when applying. I'm not going to give support or what not since it's not my place to, I just wanted to relay my opinion.

24/7 Modded Minecraft TTT Moderator
That's Fruity
"2+2=8" -ThousandHail 2019
My brain holds the Guinness World Record for the lowest IQ.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Staff since 7/30/19