The Smithtainment Gaming Network consists of a number of game servers. While each server has its own rules and staff members, the entire network also has its own independent rules.
You are expected to read and understand these rules. Ignorance of the rules is not an acceptable excuse.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU NEED TO USE COMMON SENSE WHILE PLAYING ON OUR SERVER (unless you’re fooling around then tell the Administrators/Moderators). If there are very few people online we don’t care if you mess around as long as the people online agree.
—-DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING—-
- Do NOT Prop Kill, Prop Push, or Prop Launch. Even during the Pre-Round. Prop surfing is allowed as long as you don’t go to areas that can’t be accessed normally.
- Do NOT impersonate staff members or other players within the community.
- Do NOT disrespect other players or staff. Doing so can result in a ban without warning.
- Do NOT sexually harass anyone. Anytime someone tells you they are uncomfortable or if they ask you to stop, you need to stop. Failure to stop will result in a ban without warning.
- Do NOT RDM or otherwise known as “Random Deathmatch”. This is when you kill or attack players that are part of your team for no reason at all.
- Do NOT mic spam or chat spam. This includes having music playing through your microphone.
- Do NOT block doors or deny players access to any part of the map.
- Do NOT “Ghost/Metagame”. This includes using third party programs to give advantage outside of the game.
- Do NOT advertise another community, a third-party service, or a product. You are allowed to advertise your social media as long as it’s not done excessively.
- Do NOT kill on suspicion. You must always have a valid reason to kill someone. Saying you “think” you saw a person kill or shoot someone is not a good enough reason.
- Do NOT camp with less than or equal to 5 people that are living.
- Do NOT kill or damage AFK (Away From Keyboard) players. They will get placed in spectator automatically if they are AFK.
- Do NOT intentionally “goomba stomp” (land on the head of) other players of your team.
- Do NOT destroy or damage a Detectives Health Station. This is considered traitorous and is KOSable.
- Do NOT access areas on the map that are considered inaccessible by normal means.
- Do NOT false KOS as an Innocent or Detective. This will lead to a KOS (Kill on Sight) on you. If you do it excessively you will receive a warning.
- Do NOT excessively false KOS as a Traitor. As Traitor you are expected to kill players not KOS players. However, if you are being attacked by a player or said player has evidence of you being a traitor you can KOS them to distract the heat off you.
- Do NOT KOS your Traitor buddies. This is considered trolling and will lead to a warn or ban.
- Do NOT Traitor-Bait (T-Bait). Doing so gives players the rights to KOS you. If you T-Bait and it causes a train of deaths, you will receive a warning for each Innocent death you caused.
- Do NOT bend the T-Baiting rule. If a player is shooting at something like a wall or a tree they can be killed AFTER they are asked to stop IF they continue. If a player is shooting towards players or at players, they can be killed.
- Do NOT aid the enemy. This is when a traitor aids the innocents through gifting weapons, refusing to kill them, or other acts that delay and ruin the game by harming the player’s team intentionally. This can also be done by innocents if they refuse to kill a known traitor and aid them in completing traitor goals, such as by shielding them, refusing to reveal their traitorous acts, or other circumstances that intentionally ruin the game. If ALL Traitor buddies agree to killing a player last this is allowed as long as the innocent is not working with them directly.
- Do NOT throw discombobulator or incendiary grenades randomly as Innocent or Detective. Doing so can lead to a KOS. You will be warned if a player is damaged or killed.
- Do NOT force people to test. If you kill someone for not testing or if you KOS someone for not testing you will receive a warning.
- Do NOT sabotage the Map Traitor Tester As an Innocent or Detective. This includes damaging/destroying the tester or hiding the gold blocks on the “ttt_minecraft_b5” map. Doing so can lead to a KOS and a warn.
- Do NOT KOS someone for holding a Traitor weapon IF it is also in the pointshop.
- Do NOT KOS based on someones player model.
- Do NOT abuse donator commands or commands in general. You are limited to (1) map vote per map.
- Do NOT put bets / hits on other players in exchange for pointshop currency.
- Do NOT avoid punishment by leaving and rejoining the server in order to take off things like mutes and gags. Doing so will lead to a warn or possible ban.
- Usernames MUST have at least THREE consecutive English letters. You will be kicked if you refuse to change your name.
- Third-Party programs/cheating programs are NOT allowed.
- You MUST speak English via voice and text chat.
- You MUST warn your Traitor buddies before you throw explosive grenades, use traitorous equipment, or set off a Traitor Trap as for they might walk in to it unknowingly.
- You are to give THREE warnings before you shoot someone or kill someone for following you. This also applies if a player is chasing you with a prop.
- Breaking or getting rid of the diamond blocks on the map “ttt_minecraft_b5” is NOT a KOS. It is a secondary way to win the game. It can however make the player suspicious.
- Racism and/or bigotry will NOT be tolerated. This includes anything that’s considered racist or bigotry. This also applies to things such as sprays or links.
- RDMing Fluff is OK
The following actions may be taken in this order [unless violating a more serious offense]:
- Plays will receive slays.
- Players will receive warnings.
- Players will be kicked from the server.
- Players will be banned for up to a week
- Players will be banned permanently.
- Bypassing a server ban will result in a global ban.
All rules are subject to change in the future, and more can be added in the future.
ANY DECISIONS MADE BY A MODERATOR/ADMINISTRATOR ARE FINAL!